01 March 2009

I Needed A Reason To Drop Some Books Anyway...


There are a few names today that will make me drop a title from my 'must-buy' list if those names appear in the credit box:

Jeph Loeb, Rob Liefeld, Ed Benes, Judd Winick, Brad Meltzer, Mark Millar and a couple of others.

Hey, if you like their work then more power to you. I don't. Different strokes and all that. Well, here's a piece of news that has just come to my attention:
Judd Winick will be writing "Batman".

Oh, SNAP!


A part of me hopes that they were joking but since it was announced on a frikkin' WonderCon DC Panel, it's safe to say they were serious. Oh well, I was looking for a trade or two to drop. Looks like Batman will be the one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, why the Mark Millar and Ed Benes hate?

Khairul H. said...

Ed Benes is a tits and ass man. Hey, I loves me some T&A but every frickin' panel? You saw his Justice League right?

Mark Millar. Okay, I admit I don't know why he's in my "don't buy" list but he is. My subconcious is telling me something subliminally, I think. I don't know...MM just gives off a negative vibe with me. I can't explain it. I've only read one book that he wrote: Civil War which wasn't bad (wasn't good but not a pile of crap either).

Maxo said...

Winick on Batman? You have got to be freakin' kidding me.

Khairul H. said...

Maxo, a lot of people said that when they heard the news. It boggles the imagination.